...danced...
..and danced...


...in their heads.


Merry Christmas to all!

After "Genevieve and the Beautiful Mistake" (3 posts back) a friend of mine suggested that I try the double exposure trick again, on purpose this time. My goal was to create something that reflected the Holidays without being too cheesy. So, I set out around my grandparents neighborhood one evening in hopes of photographing some great front yard lights with 2 rolls of Kodak VC 400 speed film and the trusty AE1. I snapped away with the ccchhaaa of the shutter crrrrank of the winder, surely stirring a few creatures (maybe even a mouse) on that quiet evening. Noting every shot on my little notepad, I was hoping to frame it all perfectly. The next day I shot Kate and Chance in the forrest with the hope that the trees around them would look "lit" with christmas lights. I have to say that I got very lucky on a few. My intern even asked, "What tool in photoshop did you use to get all of those red thingies in her hands that look like lights?" Another friend said no one would believe me if I just sent out the photo my intern was talking about so, that one stays on the computer. For all of you skeptics out there, including Charls my intern, here is an example of a shot I would have been really happy with had I turned the camera.


Happy Holidays,
Daeja

P.S.
You can see the lights much clearer if you click on the photos to view them larger.


2 Comments

Trevor Paulhus said...

very cool...

BROOKE DOMBROSKI said...

My GOSH girl you are always inspiring me. These are unREAL!! =))))

Powered by Blogger.