On a recent trip to San Francisco I brought only analog cameras and decided to play with a bunch of different film. Using my Canon AE1 I snapped several shots of the city as I wandered about. Upon returning home I still had a couple of rolls of film and decided to bring the AE1 along when I shot the last of the polaroid film with Genevieve. I had what I thought to be a brand new roll of film that I put in the camera just before leaving the city. As above proves, the new roll was one that I had not completely rewound and I reshot the entire roll in a filed of flowers. Lucky for me, the AE1 does not have an automatic rewind nor does it have an LCD where you can see the photos that you have already made. Having known that this roll was already "used" I may never have had the thought to expose it again in a field of flowers. That said, these are some of my favorite photos taken this year. What would we do without the mistakes?


5 Comments

Jessica Hoffman said...

I love it so much!! I want one like this of me, when I move to NYC!!! hehe

Unknown said...

Wow! These are amazing Daeja!

Liisa Roberts said...

I absolutely love this beautiful mistake. Probably my number one favorite series of photos from the past year.

Thank you for sharing them!

Liisa~

jessica brooke said...

right on, those are gorgeous!

girl and bird said...

i just stumbled on these randomly and they are so, so beautiful. what an incredible mistake!

Powered by Blogger.